The Thessaloniki court is to continue Wednesday morning the hearing in regard to Macedonia’s request for extradition of the former chief of the Administration for Security and Counterintelligence (UBK) Goran Grujevski and UBK employee Nikola Boskovski.
“Defence documents will be submitted at the trial due to the fact that the request for extradition is unfounded, and I do not know whether new witnesses will be questioned, defence lawyer Petar Vasilev told MIA.
He added that the court should reach the decision today and according to the Greek laws it should be announced immediately, and at the latest within 24 hours.
“We expect the court to reject the request for extradition of Gruevski and Boskovski,” Vasilev said.
The two men were arrested in Thessaloniki, northern Greece, on Oct. 18 under a warrant issued by Macedonia. The two former secret police employees are indicted by the Special Prosecutor’s Office (SPO) in connection to its cases codenamed Fortress, Fortress 2 and Target for destroying equipment for the interception of communications.
Both Grujevski and Boskovski were on the run since July 18 after the Appellate Court had ordered detention against them. It is believed they had been hiding using false identities.