Ahead of Monday’s Titanic 3 case trial, the SPO Prosecutor Fatime Fetai refrained from commenting on the latest developments in the Racket case led by the Public Prosecutor’s Office for fighting organized crime.
“I wouldn’t want to comment on it. The Racket proceedings are led by a different prosecutor’s office, and I really don’t want to interfere in any way,” Fetai said.
What’s important, she said, is that SPO is doing its job.
“As you can see, the Titanic 3 trial is proceeding today, and we’re nearing the end. We’re carrying on with our work,” Fetai said.
Meanwhile, the trial in Special Prosecutor’s Office Titanic case has been adjourned at Monday’s hearing to resume on August 23.
The trial has been adjourned due to the absence of a member of the Criminal Court’s Council.
So far, around 4.850 material evidence have been presented for the case in a court procedure, out of over 5.900.
Twenty-one individuals are indicted in the case, including fugitive former PM Nikola Gruevski and former officials Kiril Bozhinovski, Mile Janakieski, Gordana Jankuloska, Biljana Brishkoska Boshkovski, Ilija Dimovski, Munir Pepikj, Edmond Temelko, Leko Ristoski, Kiril Todorovski, Katerina Velovska, Stanko Korunovski, Kosta Markovski, Dragche Dragcheski, Marjan Nakevski, Goce Janevski, Dzhezmi Ahmet, Robert Davitkov, Dalibor Aleshkovikj and Lenka Rashjakovska.
They are suspected of criminal association, violation of voting rights, violation of the freedom of choice, election bribes, destruction of election materials, and abuse of election campaign funds in 2012.